Follow my "Unbridled Adventure," a summer project made possible by a Lilly Endowment Teacher Creativity Fellowship.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Colorado

Sunday and Monday were busy days. On Sunday morning, I had my last lesson at Anchorage Farm. It was really sad to leave. At my lesson on Sunday morning, I could tell how much progress I had made, but I wished that I had more days to train with Kris so that I could improve even more. She is such a great teacher! We talked about all the things I had done and learned during the week so that I could remember them and write them all in my journal. It was a very long list! Before I left the farm, I took some photos and Kris gave me a DVD with pictures she had taken. Here are a few of them: 

practicing 20 meter circles in the outdoor arena (I had to go through the cones)


practicing posting while trotting

taking Seemo back to the corral after my last lesson

Kris with Marley, who I rode on Saturday. Marley is one of the biggest horses at the farm.
Kaseem (Seemo) and I spent a lot of time together during the week! This is one of my favorite photos of him.


After getting back to Jewel's around lunch time, I had another goodbye to say. We drove to the barn so I could see Kahuna one more time and say goodbye to him. What a big, beautiful boy he is! 

Kahuna was a very good boy for this photo shoot, so I made sure to give him some treats
after we were done (along with a big kiss!).
Along with all the horses and people I had to say goodbye to, I had to say goodbye on Monday morning to my two new Border Collie friends at Jewel's house. We had many hours of fun playing! 


Keegan

Kayak
As my plane took off from the Denver airport on Monday afternoon, I asked myself how 12 days could have passed by so quickly. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.  




1 comment:

  1. I was in the Denver airport two days ago, coming back from visiting my Grammy (she lives in Washington state). Time flies when you're having fun!
    - Ella

    ReplyDelete